[ART INSIDE] Doing it, and doing it, and doing it well

I'm kind of wary of street art being taken out of context as grist for the gallery mill, but DAMMIT its rilly hard to make a living by putting art in places you were not asked to. Trust me. Some JUXTAPOZED goodies that caught my attention fa sho.

=+=+=+=

DC's own Mark Jenkins (of tape people fame) made the leap from street to storefront and was just selling new work at a really cool-looking solo show in London ... Big ups, Mark! BTW, what does that "circle A" stand for? I've been seeing it all over DC lately ... nod.

Mark Jenkins new jawns

=+=+=+=

Group art is like group sex. It can be fun ... or a disaster ... but it sure is fun to find out either way.

Anyone with some skills wanna join in on a new group art project in DC that I'm pulling together?

Get inspired by the Freedom Project

=+=+=+=

Much of the work in this show called Eleven looks like Banksy Jr. to me (and NOT in an awwwww isn't Banksy Jr. is soooooo cute kinda way), but I am really diggin this piece:



=+=+=+=

And last, but not anywhere near least, CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME. Don't it though? At least this show delivers some cred on that title ... all proceeds went to a scholarship fund.

Any philanthropists, bar or nightclub owners, or other potential patrons out there getting any ideas? If not, I have loads of them for us to explore.


=+=+=+=

Oh yeah, hope you enjoyed! This post has taken me the last few hours to create, so pretty please (with a spray-painted cherry on top) comment if you are diggin -or- hatin on this work, or wanna join in the fun on some new projects. Okay, back to making some art that will be seen on a corner near you really soon.

Peace.

-a

No comments:

Post a Comment